- Telecommunications – The lifeblood of every business is its ability to communicate properly with customers, vendors and employees. With today’s technological advances, have you built in the features that are necessary to ensure maximum efficiency? Often, a new phone system can not only save substantial sums in your telephone budget, but it can also improve the productivity of your employees as you also improve the level of customer service provided to your customers.
- Furniture and Decor – Ergonomics plays a key role in determining employee efficiency and morale. Does your furniture provide all of the advantages that keep your employees operating at peak efficiency? Most furniture dealers have architects and engineers on staff who will analyze your operation to determine what would be best for your new configuration.
- Equipment – What equipment will you need in the new facility? A change in environment is an ideal time to change procedures and practices that will support your new way of life. At the same time, your relocation is an ideal time to retire old and obsolete equipment. It simply does not make sense to move into a new facility and bring equipment with you that won’t get the job done.
- Budgeting – Are funds adequate to support the new facility? Do you know what it will cost to ensure a successful event? Be sure to plan for unexpected expenses. Rarely does any move occur without some sort of surprise or unexpected problem. Having additional funds allocated for the unexpected will solve problems that will occur. There is no such thing as a perfect move. Some go better than others, but the unexpected always occurs.
- Financing – Do you have sufficient funds to support the budget or will you have to borrow money? Does leasing new equipment and furnishings make sense with your balance sheet? Leasing offers many advantages over an outright purchase. It doesn’t require a huge outlay of cash as a down payment, it allows you to get new equipment for an affordable monthly payment and it keeps you free from debt on your balance sheet because you are able to expense your monthly payments.
- Real Estate – Our brattonfamilylaw.com New Jersey real estate closing lawyers understand all the aspects of real estate and how to help you.
These are a few of the items that you will have to address. They should stimulate your thought process and help you get closer to a solid plan that will make your event successful.